Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, on the distant side of the great sea, there lived . . .
Thus begins my fairy tale.
Yes, I believe in Fairy tales. And even though my childhood fascination with beautiful princesses, magic wands and evil ogres has dimmed, fairy tales remain dear to me.
As a child, I knew that fairy tales were not real, but now I am old enough to understand that there are real messages among the fairy-dust:
- perseverance through staggering challenges
- hope in the face of loss and disaster
- faith that good will triumph over evil
- courage to step out into the unknown
- the excitement of adventure, the joy of kindness, appreciation of the ‘little things’ in life.
The simple beauty of being.
These 12 quotes speak to the adult side of fairy-tales.
Enjoy. (If viewing on a mobile device you may need to zoom out to see the full posters.)
Photos by Bajun Photos and Livinginthesunshine.
Feature Photo by Haley Gordon
Posters created by Livinginthesunshine